- Accommodations for Students with Disabilities on State English Language Proficiency Assessments: A Review of 2011 State Policies (2013)
A report documenting states' participation and accommodation policies for English language learners (ELLs) with disabilities on their English Language Proficiency (ELP) assessments. The states'...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Audio Support Guidelines for Accessible Assessments: Insights From Cognitive Labs (2014)
A report examining how some students, including students with print disabilities, students with low vision, and English language learners, may benefit from having test content read aloud. However,...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO) Website (2000)
A website presenting NCEO, which is a federally-funded technical assistance center that supports states and districts on issues related to inclusive assessments, particularly for students with...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- The Characteristics of Low Performing Students on Large-Scale Assessments (NCEO Brief) (2010)
A brief reporting the findings of a longitudinal analysis of three years of student-level demographic and performance data for four states: the 2004-05, 2005-06, and 2006-07 school years. Data sets...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Voices From the Field: Making State Assessment Decisions for English Language Learners With Disabilities (2013)
A report describing an activity undertaken by the Improving the Validity of Assessment Results for ELLs with Disabilities (IVARED) project, which is a consortium of the five states of Arizona,...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- NARAP Reports (2006 – 2009) [Archived]Latest: Accessibility Principles for Reading Assessments
A series of reports from the National Accessible Reading Assessment Projects (NARAP) examining the accessibility of reading assessments in relation to students with disabilities.
- NCEO Limited English Proficiency Projects Reports (2001 – 2009) [Archived]Latest: Grade-Level Standards-Based Science Outcomes for English Language Learners and Language Minority Students - A Review of the Literature (#6)
A series of reports examining data on standards-based reform and students with disabilities who have limited English proficiency.
- NCEO Reports (2016 – 2019) [New]Latest: Students with Disabilities in Educational Policy, Practice, and Professional Judgment: What Should We Expect? (#413)
A series of reports examining assessment and standards and accountability issues as they pertain to students with disabilities, English learners, and English learners with disabilities.
- NCEO Synthesis Reports (1991 – 2015)Latest: Science Alternate Assessments based on Alternate Achievement Standards (AA-AAS) During School Year 2014-2015 (#99)
A series of reports examining assessment and accommodations policies and practices in relation to students with disabilities. It is especially of use to policymakers.