Adolescents and young adults
For the Institute, this life stage includes transition-aged adolescents and young adults with disabilities approximately age fourteen to twenty four.
- Check & Connect News & Resources (2012)
An e-newsletter from the Institute's Check & Connect (C&C) project providing implementation resources, such as recent posts on the C&C "Attend-Engage-Invest" blog, upcoming training opportunities,...Cost: Free Delivery format: Email subscription
- DD Data Brief (2001 – 2006) [Archived]Latest: Characteristics of Aging Caregivers in the NHIS-D
A series of reports describing the prevalence of and characteristics, service use and health needs of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in the US civilian noninstitutionalized...
- NCEO Annual Performance Reports and State Performance Plans (2002 – 2010) [Archived]Latest: 2007-2008 State Assessment Data
A series of reports summarizing assessment data from state annual performance reports to the U.S. Department of Education.
- NCEO APR Snapshot Briefs (2012 – 2019) [New]Latest: 2016-2017 APR Snapshot #21: AA-AAS Participation and Performance (#21)
A series of briefs providing snapshots of the participation and performance of special education students in statewide assessments used for Elementary and Secondary Education Act(ESEA) accountability.
- NCEO Brief (2011 – 2019) [New]Latest: Guidance for Examining Disproportionality of Student Group Participation in Alternate Assessments (#18)
A series of brief reports examining standards, assessment, and accountability issues for students with disabilities, English learners, and English learners with disabilities.
- NCEO English Language Learners (ELLs) with Disabilities Reports (2004 – 2008) [Archived]Latest: Middle School Principals' Perspectives on Academic Standards-Based Instruction and Programming for English Language Learners with Disabilities (#22)
A series of reports examining standards-based reform in relation to English Language Learners (ELLS) with disabilities.
- NCEO Limited English Proficiency Projects Reports (2001 – 2009) [Archived]Latest: Grade-Level Standards-Based Science Outcomes for English Language Learners and Language Minority Students - A Review of the Literature (#6)
A series of reports examining data on standards-based reform and students with disabilities who have limited English proficiency.
- NCEO Minnesota Assessment Project Reports (1996 – 2000) [Archived]Latest: Student Perspectives on the Use of Accommodations on Large-scale Assessments (#35)
A series of reports summarizing the findings of the Minnesota Assessment Project, a four-year, federally funded effort awarded to the Minnesota Department of Children, Families and Learning (now...
- NCEO Newsletter (2013 – 2019)Latest: June 2019 issue
An e-newsletter from the Institute's National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO) highlighting its recent publications and new and ongoing research findings. Past issues are listed under...Cost: Free Delivery format: Email subscription
- NCEO Policy Directions (1994 – 2015)Latest: Considerations When Including Students with Disabilities in Test Security Policies (#23)
A report series addressing national policy issues related to standards, assessments, and students with disabilities for researchers and policymakers.
- NCEO State Surveys (1992 – 2017)Latest: 2016 Survey of States: State Activities Amid Evolving Educational Policies
A series of reports summarizing results of surveys of state directors of special education in relation to students with disabilities and standards-based reform.
- NCEO Synthesis Reports (1991 – 2015)Latest: Science Alternate Assessments based on Alternate Achievement Standards (AA-AAS) During School Year 2014-2015 (#99)
A series of reports examining assessment and accommodations policies and practices in relation to students with disabilities. It is especially of use to policymakers.
- NCEO Technical Reports (1991 – 2015) [Archived]Latest: 2012-13 Publicly Reported Assessment Results for Students with Disabilities and ELLs with Disabilities (#70)
A series of reports summarizing findings for policymakers, researchers and educators that focuses on assessment, accommodations, and accountability in relation to students with disabilities.
- NCSET Essential Tools (2004 – 2005) [Archived]Latest: Cultural and Linguistic Diversity - Implications for Transition Personnel
A series of guides aiming to increase the capacity of organizations involved in secondary education and transition for youth with disabilities. These guides (resource guides, practice guides,...
- NCSET Information Brief (2002 – 2008) [Archived]Latest: Models of Collaboration and Cost Sharing in Transition Programming
A series of briefs examining trends and developments in secondary education and transition.
- NCSET Issue Brief (2002 – 2005) [Archived]Latest: Putting Interagency Agreements into Action
A series of briefs examining current challenges in secondary education and transition.
- NCSET Parent Brief (2002 – 2006) [Archived]Latest: The Role of Parents in Dropout Prevention:
Strategies that Promote Graduation and School Achievement
A series of briefs informing parents about secondary education and transition services. Produced by PACER Center in collaboration with the Institute's National Center on Secondary Education and...
- NCSET Research to Practice Brief (2002 – 2007) [Archived]Latest: Programs and Practices for Special Education Students in Alternative Education Settings
A series of briefs guiding practitioners in improving secondary education and transition services through research.
- NLTS2 Data Brief (2002 – 2005) [Archived]Latest: Family Expectations and Involvement for Youth with Disabilities
A series of briefs summarizing the findings of the National Longitudinal Transition Study-2 (NLTS2), which tracked the characteristics, experiences, and achievements of a sample of 12,000...
- PARA Accessible Reading Assessment Reports (2006 – 2012)Latest: Developing and Researching an Accessible Reading Assessment for Students with Disabilities
A series of reports examining the accessibility of reading assessments in relation to students with disabilities.
- Partnerships for Success - Curricula for Supervisors, Managers, and Administrative Staff (2001) [Archived]Latest: The Peer Empowerment Program (PEP): A Complete Toolkit for Planning and Implementing Mentoring Programs Within Community-Based Human Services Organizations
A three-part curriculum series preparing frontline supervisors to successfully recruit, train, and retain Direct Support staff. The materials have been developed to be facilitated by staff trainers...
- RIPM Technical Reports (2005 – 2011)Latest: Examining Technical Features of Progress Monitoring Measures Across Grade Levels in Writing (#38)
A series of technical reports summarizing the work of the Research Institute on Progress Monitoring (RIPM), which developed a system of progress monitoring to evaluate effects of individualized...