PROMISE Technical Assistance Center
Implements and completes the evaluation activities for the AUCD PROMISE (Promoting the Readiness of Minors in Supplemental Security Income) Technical Assistance Center, including evaluation consulting and design, instrumentation development, data collection process implementation, and data analysis and reporting. The Technical Assistance (TA) Center will also conduct technical assistance at demonstration sites. The purpose of the TA Center is to:
• Improve skills of State and local personnel to support partnerships among agencies;
• Improve implementation of interventions for model demonstration project (MDP) Supplemental Security Income recipients and their families;
• Increase knowledge that supports training to the families of participating children;
• Improve methods of developing and implementing a plan for conducting a formative evaluation of each MDP activity and model; and,
• Improve methods for collecting data and the capacity to track and manage MDP information.
PROMISE is a joint initiative of the U.S. Department of Education, the U.S. Social Security Administration, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, and the U.S. Department of Labor.