The Institute produces a wide range of resources for service providers, educators, policymakers, advocacy and resource organizations, researchers, families, persons with disabilities, and others.
- District Dialogue Guide: Addressing the Percentage of Students Participating in the Alternate Assessment (NCEO Tool #4) (2019) [New]
As part of its efforts to meet the 1.0% cap on state-level participation in the alternate assessment aligned to alternate academic achievement standards (AA-AAAS), NCEO’s Peer Learning Group 1 (PLG...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Frequently Asked Questions on AA-AAAS (NCEO Tool #5) (2019) [New]
The 2015 Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) 1.0% cap on state-level participation rates in the alternate assessment aligned to alternate academic achievement standards (AA-AAAS) generated questions...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- FSRTC Research Brief 1: Social Support and Family Resilience Ease the Stress of Parents of Children with Complex Special Health Care Needs (2019) [New]
This brief examines the effects of three social determinants—community conditions, emotional support, and family resilience—on the mental and physical health of mothers of children with complex...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Frontline Initiative (1996 – 2019) [New]Latest: Self-Care for DSPs
This newsletter covers the issues important to direct support professionals and supervisors who support people with IDD and other disabilities in a variety of community settings.Cost: Free Delivery format: Email subscription
- Handbook on Community Living and Employment (2019) [New]
Highlights key topics in community living and employment opportunities and services/supports relevant to those within the human services systems, people with disabilities, and their families in the...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Research and Training Center on Community Living YouTube channel (2019) [New]
A YouTube channel containing videos prepared by ICI's Research and Training Center on Community Living.Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- FSRTC Research Brief 2: Caregiver Differences Across Race and Ethnicity (2019) [New]
This brief examines caregivers’ self-reported mental, physical, or financial strain. The researchers analyzed data from the 2015 Caregiving in the U.S. survey. The purpose of this brief was to look...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- TIES Center Reports (2018 – 2019)Latest: Communication Competence in the Inclusive Setting: A Review of the Literature (#103)
A Report series from the TIES Center, a national technical assistance center on inclusive practices and policies. Its purpose is to create sustainable changes in kindergarten-grade 8 school and...
- NCEO APR Snapshot Briefs (2012 – 2019)Latest: 2016-2017 APR Snapshot #21: AA-AAS Participation and Performance (#21)
A series of briefs providing snapshots of the participation and performance of special education students in statewide assessments used for Elementary and Secondary Education Act(ESEA) accountability.
- Student Demonstrations of their Use of Accessibility Features and Accommodations (2019)
This report presents information from a study by the Data Informed Accessibility—Making Optimal Needs-based Decisions (DIAMOND) project that examined classroom use of accessibility features and...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF