The Institute produces a wide range of resources for service providers, educators, policymakers, advocacy and resource organizations, researchers, families, persons with disabilities, and others.
- Guidance for Examining District Alternate Assessment Participation Rates (2018)
This Brief addresses important questions that arise for states as they implement federal an alternate assessment aligned to alternate achievement standards (AA-AAS) participation requirements....Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Forum on Speech-to-Text and Scribing: Getting a Handle on What This Means (2018)
A report on a forum held on June 26, 2018 in San Diego, California that brought together staff from state departments of education, school districts, testing and testing-related companies, and...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Educators' Thoughts on Making Decisions About Accessibility for All Students (2018)
This report describes the asynchronous online focus group activity of the Data Informed Accessibility - Making Optimal Needs-based Decisions (DIAMOND) project. The goal of conducting the focus...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Frontline Initiative (1996 – 2018)Latest: The Changing Roles of the Direct Support Professional
This newsletter covers the issues important to direct support professionals and supervisors who support people with IDD and other disabilities in a variety of community settings.Cost: Free Delivery format: Email subscription
- ELPA21 White Paper: Developing an Alternate ELPA21 for English Learners with the Most Significant Cognitive Disabilities (2018)
This White Paper was developed as part of the commitment of the English Language Proficiency Assessment for the 21st Century (ELPA21) project to the development and implementation of an alternate...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- NCEO APR Snapshot Briefs (2012 – 2018)Latest: 2015-2016 APR Snapshot #16: State Assessment Participation and Performance of Students Receiving Special Education Services (#16)
A series of briefs providing snapshots of the participation and performance of special education students in statewide assessments used for Elementary and Secondary Education Act(ESEA) accountability.
- NCEO Reports (2016 – 2018)Latest: 2015-16 Publicly Reported Assessment Results for Students with Disabilities and ELs with Disabilities (#407)
A series of reports examining assessment and standards and accountability issues as they pertain to students with disabilities, English learners, and English learners with disabilities.
- In-Home and Residential Long-Term Supports and Services for Persons with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities: Status and Trends Through 2016 (2018)
A report describing the status of, and trends in, long-term supports and services for people with intellectual or developmental disabilities in the U.S. on June 30, 2016. It is based on an annual...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Family & Individual Needs for Disability Support (FINDS) Community Report 2017 (2018)
A report presenting the results of the Family & Individual Needs for Disability Supports (FINDS) survey, launched in 2017 by ICI's Research and Training Center on Community Living in collaboration...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- The Use of TYZE.com to Enhance Social Inclusion for Individuals with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities (2018)
A report evaluating the use of the TYZE.com website by families who had teens and young adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities. TYZE.com was evaluated for its usefulness in connecting...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF