- Lessons Learned About Assessment from Inclusion of Students with Disabilities in College and Career Ready Assessments (2016)
The new large-scale assessments rolled out by consortia and states are designed to measure student achievement of rigorous college- and career-ready (CCR) standards. Recent surveys of teachers in...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Lessons Learned About Instruction from Inclusion of Students with Disabilities in College and Career Ready Assessments (2016)
This Brief provides information and suggestions for SEAs and other technical assistance providers with challenges identified by the teachers related to college- and career-ready (CCR) standards.Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- LEND Brief (2012 – 2015)Latest: ASD and Culture
A series of topical briefs informing parents, professionals in a variety of fields including education and health care, advocates, and others. Each issue discusses a different aspect of...
- Parent Spotlight (2014)Latest: Parent Spotlight on Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
A series of briefs informing parents and others about various topics, including accommodations for students with disabilities, Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) and the newly adopted...
- The Characteristics of Low Performing Students on Large-Scale Assessments (NCEO Brief) (2010)
A brief reporting the findings of a longitudinal analysis of three years of student-level demographic and performance data for four states: the 2004-05, 2005-06, and 2006-07 school years. Data sets...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Trends in the Participation and Performance of Students with Disabilities (NCEO Brief) (2008)
A brief describing the results of an analysis of trends in the public reporting of state assessment results for students with disabilities. The analysis was conducted on a compilation of publicly...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online, PDF
- NCSET Information Brief (2002 – 2008) [Archived]Latest: Models of Collaboration and Cost Sharing in Transition Programming
A series of briefs examining trends and developments in secondary education and transition.
- Higher Ground: The Dedication of Direct Support Professionals During and After Hurricanes Katrina and Rita (Brief) (2007)
A brief summarizing the report, You Know that it's Got to be Dedication that I am Still Here: The Experiences of Direct Support Professionals During Hurricanes Katrina and Rita, and the Aftermath ....Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- NCSET Research to Practice Brief (2002 – 2007) [Archived]Latest: Programs and Practices for Special Education Students in Alternative Education Settings
A series of briefs guiding practitioners in improving secondary education and transition services through research.
- DD Data Brief (2001 – 2006) [Archived]Latest: Characteristics of Aging Caregivers in the NHIS-D
A series of reports describing the prevalence of and characteristics, service use and health needs of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in the US civilian noninstitutionalized...