- LEND Brief (2012 – 2015)Latest: ASD and Culture
A series of topical briefs informing parents, professionals in a variety of fields including education and health care, advocates, and others. Each issue discusses a different aspect of...
- Parent Spotlight (2014)Latest: Parent Spotlight on Accommodations for Students with Disabilities
A series of briefs informing parents and others about various topics, including accommodations for students with disabilities, Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) and the newly adopted...
- The Characteristics of Low Performing Students on Large-Scale Assessments (NCEO Brief) (2010)
A brief reporting the findings of a longitudinal analysis of three years of student-level demographic and performance data for four states: the 2004-05, 2005-06, and 2006-07 school years. Data sets...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Trends in the Participation and Performance of Students with Disabilities (NCEO Brief) (2008)
A brief describing the results of an analysis of trends in the public reporting of state assessment results for students with disabilities. The analysis was conducted on a compilation of publicly...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online, PDF
- NCSET Information Brief (2002 – 2008) [Archived]Latest: Models of Collaboration and Cost Sharing in Transition Programming
A series of briefs examining trends and developments in secondary education and transition.
- Higher Ground: The Dedication of Direct Support Professionals During and After Hurricanes Katrina and Rita (Brief) (2007)
A brief summarizing the report, You Know that it's Got to be Dedication that I am Still Here: The Experiences of Direct Support Professionals During Hurricanes Katrina and Rita, and the Aftermath ....Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- NCSET Research to Practice Brief (2002 – 2007) [Archived]Latest: Programs and Practices for Special Education Students in Alternative Education Settings
A series of briefs guiding practitioners in improving secondary education and transition services through research.
- DD Data Brief (2001 – 2006) [Archived]Latest: Characteristics of Aging Caregivers in the NHIS-D
A series of reports describing the prevalence of and characteristics, service use and health needs of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in the US civilian noninstitutionalized...
- NCSET Parent Brief (2002 – 2006) [Archived]Latest: The Role of Parents in Dropout Prevention:
Strategies that Promote Graduation and School Achievement
A series of briefs informing parents about secondary education and transition services. Produced by PACER Center in collaboration with the Institute's National Center on Secondary Education and...
- NLTS2 Data Brief (2002 – 2005) [Archived]Latest: Family Expectations and Involvement for Youth with Disabilities
A series of briefs summarizing the findings of the National Longitudinal Transition Study-2 (NLTS2), which tracked the characteristics, experiences, and achievements of a sample of 12,000...