Postsecondary education, as addressed by the Institute, refers to the particular challenges faced by students with disabilities in gaining access to and succeeding in all levels of higher education (universities, community colleges, trade schools, etc.).
The following Institute products, projects, and/or staff address this topic.
- Career Planning Begins with Assessment: A Guide for Professionals Serving Youth with Educational and Career Development Challenges (2005) [Archived]A guide providing adults who work with youth with disabilities a solid understanding of the purpose, benefits, and limitations of assessment in relation to those youth and the workforce development...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- FINDS  National Survey (2011) [Archived]A report covering the national Internet survey that The Arc of the United States conducted in 2010 that aimed to capture the perspectives of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Impact: Feature Issue on Employment and Women with Disabilities (2008) A newsletter issue that encourages readers to hold an expansive vision of what's possible for women with disabilities in the employment arena, and offers strategies, resources, and inspiration to...Cost: Free - $4.00 Delivery format: PDF, Print, Online
- Impact: Feature Issue on Postsecondary Education and Students with Intellectual, Developmental and Other Disabilities (2011) A newsletter issue exploring what we know, and what we still need to know, about supporting increased participation of students with intellectual and developmental disabilities, in postsecondary...Cost: Free - $4.00 Delivery format: Online, PDF, Print
- Impact: Feature Issue on Supporting New Career Paths for People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (2012) A newsletter issue exploring employment of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, and their changing role in the American workforce. Historically, people with disabilities have...Cost: Free - $4.00 Delivery format: PDF, Print, Online
- NCSET Issue Brief: The Emergence of Psychiatric Disabilities in Postsecondary Education (2004) A brief describing the issue of the unprecedented and growing number of postsecondary students who report psychiatric disabilities. The publication provides an outline of the primary barriers such...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF, Online
- Policy Research Brief: A Taxonomy for Postsecondary Education Programs for Students with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (2013) A brief examining postsecondary education for students with intellectual and developmental disabilities, which is on the cusp of major growth thanks to recent federal policy and grant initiatives....Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF, Online
- Policy Research Brief: Postsecondary Education for Students with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities - A Critical Review of the State of Knowledge and a Taxonomy to Guide Future Research (2011) A brief reviewing the state of knowledge and research practice in the emerging field of postsecondary education for students with intellectual and other learning-related developmental disabilities....Cost: Free - $3.00 Delivery format: Online, PDF, Print
- Quality Mall (2004) An interactive database providing an online clearinghouse of over 3,500 resources from around the country related to person-centered services and supports for persons with intellectual and...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Impact (2000 – 2018) [New]Latest: Feature Issue on the Direct Support Workforce and People with Intellectual, Developmental, and Other DisabilitiesA newsletter series containing strategies, research, and success stories in specific focus areas related to persons with intellectual, developmental, and other disabilities. It provides practical...Cost: Free Delivery format: Email subscription, Print subscription