Family engagement in the education context is when parents and/or other family members support the social, emotional, physical, academic, and occupational growth of children and youth with disabilities, either independently or in collaboration with professionals. See same topic in Early education and development.
The following Institute products, projects, and/or staff address this topic.
- Check & Connect Website (2010) A website presenting Check & Connect, an ICI project that provides training in the use of the Check & Connect student engagement intervention model to promote students' engagement with school,...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Expanding the Circle: Respecting the Past, Preparing for the Future (1st ed) (2002) A curriculum offering a structured process and a set of culturally-relevant activities to facilitate successful transition from high school to adult life for American Indian students. Its content...Cost: $12.00 - $75.00 Delivery format: Print
- Expanding the Circle: Respecting the Past, Preparing for the Future (2nd ed) (2017) A new edition of this curriculum for grades 9-12. It includes the culturally-relevant transition skills and project-based learning presented in the first edition, which has been in use across the...Cost: $15.00 - $99.95 Delivery format: Print
- FAST Family Support Survey : National Results (2011) [Archived]A report summarizing the results of the FAST Family Support Survey, a 2010 national Internet survey of 2,416 parents or relatives of children and youth ages 11 years to 39 years with disabilities...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Impact: Feature Issue on Educating K-12 English Language Learners with Disabilities (2013) A newsletter issue examining the education of English language learners with disabilities, who are a growing part of the K-12 school population in the U.S. The available knowledge on how to...Cost: Free - $4.00 Delivery format: Online, PDF, Print
- LEND Fact Sheet: Family Caregivers of Children with Special Health Care Needs: The Need for Caregiver Support as Truly Family-Centered Care (2013) A fact sheet describing the need to support family caregivers as they take care of children with special health care needs. The fact sheet presents needs, facts, and solutions to supporting family...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO) Website (2000) A website presenting NCEO, which is a federally-funded technical assistance center that supports states and districts on issues related to inclusive assessments, particularly for students with...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- National Center on Secondary Education and Transition (NCSET) Website (2001) A website presenting NCSET, a center that focuses on improved access and success for students with disabilities in secondary and postsecondary education, as well as employment, independent living,...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- National Standards & Quality Indicators: Transition Toolkit for Systems Improvement (2005) A toolkit providing a common and shared framework to help school systems and communities identify what youth need in order to achieve successful participation in postsecondary education and...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Check & Connect News & Resources (2012) An e-newsletter from the Institute's Check & Connect (C&C) project providing implementation resources, such as recent posts on the C&C "Attend-Engage-Invest" blog, upcoming training opportunities,...Cost: Free Delivery format: Email subscription