Healthcare, as addressed by the Institute, encompasses ways to improve the treatment and management of illness and preservation of health among people with disabilities.
The following Institute products, projects, and/or staff address this topic.
- DD Data Brief: Health Insurance Coverage and Health Care Experiences of Persons with Disabilities in the NHIS-D (2003) A brief describing the experiences with public and private health insurance coverage for people with functional limitations, people with IDD, and people who do not have IDD or functional...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- DD Data Brief: Service Use by and Needs of Adults with Functional Limitations or ID/DD in the NHIS-D: Difference by Age, Gender, and Disability (2003) A brief summarizing findings from the National Health Interview Survey on Disability conducted by the U.S. Bureau of the Census, National Center on Health Statistics in 1994 and 1995. It is an...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- DirectCourse (2004) Offers a suite of competency-based, online curricula for professionals providing services to people with intellectual, developmental, physical, and psychiatric disabilities, and to older adults....Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Frontline Initiative: Healthcare (2012) A newsletter issue for Direct Support Professionals approaching healthcare from multiple perspectives; it also provides useful information that is needed to support people with disabilities in...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- LEND Webinars: Best Practices in Developmental Screening for Health Care Providers (2014) A Webinar listing standardized screening instruments appropriate for use in developmental screening of young children; identifying resources for health promotion and referral for child development;...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online, PDF
- LEND Webinars: Great Lakes LEND Collaborative/MN LEND Life Course Forum (2011) A Webinar presenting Life Course Theory, which provides a broad view of looking at health and wellness. There is a complex interplay between biology, behavior, emotions, socialization, and...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Minnesota Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental and Related Disabilities Program (MNLEND) Website (2011) A website presenting the program's training for future leaders who will serve children with neurodevelopmental and related disabilities and their families in health care, education, human services,...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Partnerships in Wellness (2017) A health promotion curriculum that addresses the unique learning needs of adults with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (IDD) who require ongoing daily supports, have limited readings...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF, PPT
- Policy Research Brief: Health Status, Health Care Utilization Patterns, and Health Care Outcomes of Persons with Intellectual Disabilities - A Review of the Literature (2002) [Archived]A brief reviewing the current literature in the area of health care needs of people with intellectual and other developmental disabilities and allied medical conditions, looking at the degree to...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online, PDF
- Study of Medicaid Funded In-home and Residential Long-term Supports and Services for Persons with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities (RISP) Website (2018) [New]A website presenting the Study of Medicaid Funded In-home and Residential Long-term Supports and Services for Persons with Intellectual or Developmental Disabilities project (RISP), which gathers,...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online