Customized employment is a process for individualizing the employment relationship by matching the unique strengths, needs, and interests of the job seeker or employee with a disability with those of the employer (or self-employment business).
The following Institute products, projects, and/or staff address this topic.
- Art for All: The Stephanie Evelo Fund for Art Inclusion Website (2007) A website presenting Art for All: The Stephanie Evelo Fund for Art Inclusion, a project that showcases ongoing and revolving exhibits of visual art by artists with disabilities, celebrating art and...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- DirectCourse (2004) Offers a suite of competency-based, online curricula for professionals providing services to people with intellectual, developmental, physical, and psychiatric disabilities, and to older adults....
- Impact: Feature Issue on Employment and Women with Disabilities (2008) A newsletter issue that encourages readers to hold an expansive vision of what's possible for women with disabilities in the employment arena, and offers strategies, resources, and inspiration to...Cost: Free - $4.00 Delivery format: Online, PDF, Print
- Impact: Feature Issue on Supporting New Career Paths for People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (2012) A newsletter issue exploring employment of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, and their changing role in the American workforce. Historically, people with disabilities have...Cost: Free - $4.00 Delivery format: Online, PDF, Print
- Make Work a Part of the Plan Videos and Webinars: Work is Worth the Risk: Balancing Opportunity and Safety (#4) (2016) A video acknowledging that balancing health and safety with successful employment activities is not always easy. Incorporating accommodations and customizing work tasks and settings is critical in...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Policy Research Brief: Employment First Across the Nation: Progress on the Policy Front (2014) A brief presenting Employment First across the nation through an array of online, interactive visual features that allow users to investigate the various Employment First policy approaches that...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Quality Mall (2004) An interactive database providing an online clearinghouse of over 3,500 resources from around the country related to person-centered services and supports for persons with intellectual and...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- State of the Science: Theories, Concepts, and Evidence Guiding Policy and Practice in Community Living and Participation for People with Intellectual Disabilities (2013) A set of online video presentations from the July 2012 conference, State of the Science: Outcomes for People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Experts in...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Impact (2000 – 2018) Latest: Feature Issue on the Direct Support Workforce and People with Intellectual, Developmental, and Other DisabilitiesA newsletter series containing strategies, research, and success stories in specific focus areas related to persons with intellectual, developmental, and other disabilities. It provides practical...Cost: Free Delivery format: Email subscription, Print subscription