Customized employment is a process for individualizing the employment relationship by matching the unique strengths, needs, and interests of the job seeker or employee with a disability with those of the employer (or self-employment business).
The following Institute products, projects, and/or staff address this topic.
- Changing Landscapes: An Ongoing Exhibit of Artists with Disabilities at ICI Website (2007) A website presenting Changing Landscapes: An Ongoing Exhibit of Artists with Disabilities at ICI, a project that showcases ongoing and revolving exhibits of visual art by artists with disabilities,...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- DirectCourse (2004) Offers a suite of competency-based, online curricula for professionals providing services to people with intellectual, developmental, physical, and psychiatric disabilities, and to older adults....Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Impact: Feature Issue on Employment and Women with Disabilities (2008) A newsletter issue that encourages readers to hold an expansive vision of what's possible for women with disabilities in the employment arena, and offers strategies, resources, and inspiration to...Cost: Free - $4.00 Delivery format: Online, PDF, Print
- Impact: Feature Issue on Supporting New Career Paths for People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (2012) A newsletter issue exploring employment of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, and their changing role in the American workforce. Historically, people with disabilities have...Cost: Free - $4.00 Delivery format: Online, PDF, Print
- Make Work a Part of the Plan Videos and Webinars: Work is Worth the Risk: Balancing Opportunity and Safety (#4) (2016) A video acknowledging that balancing health and safety with successful employment activities is not always easy. Incorporating accommodations and customizing work tasks and settings is critical in...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Policy Research Brief: Employment First Across the Nation: Progress on the Policy Front (2014) A brief presenting Employment First across the nation through an array of online, interactive visual features that allow users to investigate the various Employment First policy approaches that...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Quality Mall (2004) An interactive database providing an online clearinghouse of over 3,500 resources from around the country related to person-centered services and supports for persons with intellectual and...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- State of the Science: Theories, Concepts, and Evidence Guiding Policy and Practice in Community Living and Participation for People with Intellectual Disabilities (2013) A set of online video presentations from the July 2012 conference, State of the Science: Outcomes for People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Experts in...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online