Aging and retirement
Aging and retirement, as addressed by the Institute, encompasses issues pertaining to individuals with disabilities who are aging, aging adults who have acquired a disability, and/or adults with disabilities retiring from employment.
The following Institute products, projects, and/or staff address this topic.
- DD Data Brief: Characteristics of Aging Caregivers in the NHIS-D (2006) A brief summarizing findings from the National Health Interview Survey Disability Supplement conducted by the U.S. Bureau of the Census, National Center on Health Statistics in 1994 and 1995. It...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- DirectCourse (2004) Offers a suite of competency-based, online curricula for professionals providing services to people with intellectual, developmental, physical, and psychiatric disabilities, and to older adults....
- Frontline Initiative: Aging (2004) A newsletter issue for Direct Support Professionals offering various perspectives on effectively supporting individuals with disabilities who are getting older.Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Frontline Initiative: Later Life Supports (2012) A newsletter issue for Direct Support Professionals providing a variety of perspectives related to effectively supporting people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) in later...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- FYI Monthly from the Institute on Community Integration: July 2018 (2018) [New]FYI Monthly is a monthly e-communication from the Institute on Community Integration. The July 2018 edition includes: FEATURE STORIES New Director and New 5-Year Funding for ICI *... Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Impact: Feature Issue on Aging and People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities (2010) A newsletter issue exploring the question, "What can be done today to support people with intellectual and developmental disabilities who are aging?" Its articles give a variety of responses to the...Cost: Free - $4.00 Delivery format: Online, PDF, Print
- Impact: Feature Issue on Stories of Advocacy, Stories of Change from People with Disabilities, Their Families, and Allies (1988-2013) (2014) A newsletter issue featuring then-and-now personal stories from individuals with disabilities, their families, and allies that provide a snapshot of how the disability rights movement has touched...Cost: Free - $4.00 Delivery format: Online, PDF, Print
- National Goals in Research, Policy, and Practice: Aging, Retirement, and End of Life for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (2016) A pair of videos and an accompanying brief outlining aging issues and people with intellectual and developmental disabilities....Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Quality Mall (2004) An interactive database providing an online clearinghouse of over 3,500 resources from around the country related to person-centered services and supports for persons with intellectual and...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- RTC Media Website (2010) A website showcasing films about people with disabilities and those who provide support. Also describes the film-making services available through RTC Media.Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Impact (2000 – 2018) Latest: Feature Issue on the Direct Support Workforce and People with Intellectual, Developmental, and Other DisabilitiesA newsletter series containing strategies, research, and success stories in specific focus areas related to persons with intellectual, developmental, and other disabilities. It provides practical...Cost: Free Delivery format: Print subscription, Email subscription
- National Goals in Research, Policy, and Practice (2016) Latest: Justice for people with intellectual and developmental disabilitiesA series of videos and accompanying briefs that grew out of the National Goals in Research, Policy, and Practice working meeting held in Washington, DC, in 2015. Participants summarized the current...