Early childhood screening and assessment
Early screening and assessment is about identifying children who may have a developmental delay or a particular disability (or who may need further evaluation to determine this) and assessing their developmental or educational needs.
The following Institute products, projects, and/or staff address this topic.
- FYI Monthly from the Institute on Community Integration: February 2018 (2018) The February 2018 contains feature stories about the March screening of Valuing Lives: Wolf Wolfensberger and the Principle of Normalization at the Walker Art Center in Minneapolis; a MNLEND...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- La soco Marxaladaha Koboc ee Cunuggaaga (Track Your Child's Developmental Milestones) (2013) A brochure translating the original English version of the Center for Disease Control's brochure Track Your Child's Developmental Milestones into the Somali language. In collaboration with Somali...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- LEND Brief: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (2013) A brief presenting recent changes in the diagnosis of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) from different perspectives: developmental and behavioral pediatricians, clinical...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- LEND Webinars: Best Practices in Developmental Screening for Health Care Providers (2014) A Webinar listing standardized screening instruments appropriate for use in developmental screening of young children; identifying resources for health promotion and referral for child development;...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online, PDF
- LEND Webinars: Building Connections with Somali Families: Culturally Competent Approaches to Child Development and Disability (2015) A Webinar presenting culturally specific and relevant strategies for professionals working with Somali families with young children. Comprised of two videos and three sets of PowerPoint slides, the...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online, PDF
- LEND Webinars: Identifying Autism Spectrum Disorders in Minnesota: Clarification on Medical Diagnosis vs. Educational Eligibility (2013) A Webinar examining and comparing the process of eligibility for educational and medical/clinical services for families with children who have autism spectrum disorders. Participants gained an...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online, PDF
- Marxaladaha Heerarka Koboca (Milestone Moments) (2013) A resource guide translating the original English version of the Center for Disease Control's (CDC) booklet Track Your Child's Developmental Milestones into the Somali language. In collaboration...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Minneapolis Somali Autism Spectrum Disorder Prevalence Project: Community Report 2013 (2013) A report of the findings from the study of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) prevalence among Somali and non-Somali children in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Also available, in English and Somali, is a fact...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Minnesota Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental and Related Disabilities Program (MNLEND) Website (2011) A website presenting the program's training for future leaders who will serve children with neurodevelopmental and related disabilities and their families in health care, education, human services,...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- There are many Somali and non-Somali children with autism spectrum disorder (2013) A fact sheet summarizing findings of the Minneapolis Somali ASD Prevalence Project for families of children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Available in English and Somali. The full findings...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Impact (2000 – 2018) Latest: Feature Issue on the Direct Support Workforce and People with Intellectual, Developmental, and Other DisabilitiesA newsletter series containing strategies, research, and success stories in specific focus areas related to persons with intellectual, developmental, and other disabilities. It provides practical...Cost: Free Delivery format: Email subscription, Print subscription