Early childhood screening and assessment
Early screening and assessment is about identifying children who may have a developmental delay or a particular disability (or who may need further evaluation to determine this) and assessing their developmental or educational needs.
The following Institute products, projects, and/or staff address this topic.
- La soco Marxaladaha Koboc ee Cunuggaaga (Track Your Child's Developmental Milestones) (2013) A brochure translating the original English version of the Center for Disease Control's brochure Track Your Child's Developmental Milestones into the Somali language. In collaboration with Somali...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- LEND Brief: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (2013) A brief presenting recent changes in the diagnosis of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) from different perspectives: developmental and behavioral pediatricians, clinical...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- LEND Webinars: Best Practices in Developmental Screening for Health Care Providers (2014) A Webinar listing standardized screening instruments appropriate for use in developmental screening of young children; identifying resources for health promotion and referral for child development;...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online, PDF
- LEND Webinars: Building Connections with Somali Families: Culturally Competent Approaches to Child Development and Disability (2015) A Webinar presenting culturally specific and relevant strategies for professionals working with Somali families with young children. Comprised of two videos and three sets of PowerPoint slides, the...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online, PDF
- LEND Webinars: Identifying Autism Spectrum Disorders in Minnesota: Clarification on Medical Diagnosis vs. Educational Eligibility (2013) A Webinar examining and comparing the process of eligibility for educational and medical/clinical services for families with children who have autism spectrum disorders. Participants gained an...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online, PDF
- Marxaladaha Heerarka Koboca (Milestone Moments) (2013) A resource guide translating the original English version of the Center for Disease Control's (CDC) booklet Track Your Child's Developmental Milestones into the Somali language. In collaboration...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Minneapolis Somali Autism Spectrum Disorder Prevalence Project: Community Report 2013 (2013) A report of the findings from the study of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) prevalence among Somali and non-Somali children in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Also available, in English and Somali, is a fact...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Minnesota Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental and Related Disabilities Program (MNLEND) website (2011) A website presenting the program's training for future leaders who will serve children with neurodevelopmental and related disabilities and their families in health care, education, human services,...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- There are many Somali and non-Somali children with autism spectrum disorder (2013) A fact sheet summarizing findings of the Minneapolis Somali ASD Prevalence Project for families of children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Available in English and Somali. The full findings...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF