Support coordination and case management
Support coordination and case management is making certain that, for those people requiring services from multiple providers, the services are coordinated and well managed.
The following Institute products, projects, and/or staff address this topic.
- Find, Choose and Keep Great DSPs (2006) A pair of easy-to-use toolkits helping families and people with disabilities find quality, caring, and committeed Direct Support Professionals (DSPs). There are two different versions of the...Cost: Free - $30.00 Delivery format: PDF, Print
- Frontline Initiative: Relationships (1997) A newsletter issue for Direct Support Professionals showing how building relationships can help them more effectively support individuals with disabilities.Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Frontline Initiative: Teamwork (2001) A newsletter issue for Direct Support Professionals offering various perspectives on effectively supporting individuals with disabilities through teamwork by interacting with their co-workers,...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- NCSET Issue Brief: Challenges in Coordinating and Managing Services and Supports in Secondary and Postsecondary Options (2002) A brief, written for secondary and postsecondary educational administrators, state policymakers, rehabilitation counselors, and researchers, identifying the barriers to successfully managing...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF, Online
- NCSET Issue Brief: Putting Interagency Agreements into Action (2004) A brief describing the components of successful interagency agreements and how they can be implemented. Such agreements among educational and noneducational agencies can help maximize resources and...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF, Online
- Policy Research Brief: Innovative Models and Best Practices in Case Management and Support Coordination (2008) [Archived]A brief describing models, innovations, and best practices in case management and support coordination for persons with disabilities. The approaches presented were identified during a study...Cost: Free - $3.00 Delivery format: PDF, Print, Online
- Valuing Lives: Wolf Wolfensberger and the Principle of Normalization (2016) A film documenting the social paradigm shift triggered by Wolf Wolfensberger, a professor and change agent who, in the early 1970s, popularized and expanded the principle of normalization of people...Cost: $3.99 - $24.99 Delivery format: Online
- Impact (2000 – 2018) [New]Latest: Feature Issue on the Direct Support Workforce and People with Intellectual, Developmental, and Other DisabilitiesA newsletter series containing strategies, research, and success stories in specific focus areas related to persons with intellectual, developmental, and other disabilities. It provides practical...Cost: Free Delivery format: Email subscription, Print subscription