Faith communities, as addressed by the Institute, encompasses ways in which groups of people who belong to a particular church or religious group are including people with disabilities in their practices and activities.
The following Institute products, projects, and/or staff address this topic.
- Frontline Initiative: Social Capital (2014) A newsletter issue for Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) exploring the importance of social capital in the lives of the people they support. Social capital is the value a person gets from...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Frontline Initiative: Spirituality (2009) A newsletter issue for Direct Support Professionals offering various perspectives on spirituality within the framework of NADSP's Code of Ethics and providing training materials to more effectively...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- FYI Monthly from the Institute on Community Integration: July 2018 (2018) [New]FYI Monthly is a monthly e-communication from the Institute on Community Integration. The July 2018 edition includes: FEATURE STORIES New Director and New 5-Year Funding for ICI *... Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Impact of Two National Congregational Programs on the Social Inclusion of Individuals with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities (2011) [Archived]A report summarizing a study of two national congregational efforts for inclusion of people with intellectual/developmental disabilities: Accessible Congregations Campaign and Befrienders Ministry.Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Impact: Feature Issue on Faith Communities and Persons with Developmental Disabilities (2002) [Archived]A newsletter issue continuing the dialog about inclusion that has already begun between persons with disabilities, faith communities, and the disability services system. "A basic component of human...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online, PDF
- LEND Webinars: Audio Recording: Faith Communities and Disabilities - An Interdisciplinary Perspective (2011) An audio recording of a Webinar of a MN LEND forum focusing on building collaborations in faith communities for inclusion of individuals with disabilities. Strategies and best practices for...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Putting Faith to Work: A Guide for Congregations and Communities (2016) Develops a model and resources for congregations to work together with businesses and human service agencies to advance successful employment outcomes for their members with disabilities. Some...Cost: $10.00 Delivery format: Print
- Putting Faith to Work Website (2013) [Archived]A website presenting the Putting Faith to Work project, which provides customized training, tools, and technical assistance to specific Minnesota faith communities, building their capacity to use...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Quality Mall (2004) An interactive database providing an online clearinghouse of over 3,500 resources from around the country related to person-centered services and supports for persons with intellectual and...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Research and Training Center on Community Living (RTC-CL) Website (2014) A website presenting the Research and Training Center on Community Living (RTC-CL), a center that conducts a wide range of research, training, and technical assistance and dissemination projects...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- RTC Media Website (2010) A website showcasing films about people with disabilities and those who provide support. Also describes the film-making services available through RTC Media.Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Impact (2000 – 2018) Latest: Feature Issue on the Direct Support Workforce and People with Intellectual, Developmental, and Other DisabilitiesA newsletter series containing strategies, research, and success stories in specific focus areas related to persons with intellectual, developmental, and other disabilities. It provides practical...Cost: Free Delivery format: Email subscription, Print subscription