Faith communities, as addressed by the Institute, encompasses ways in which groups of people who belong to a particular church or religious group are including people with disabilities in their practices and activities.
The following Institute products, projects, and/or staff address this topic.
- Frontline Initiative: Social Capital (2014) A newsletter issue for Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) exploring the importance of social capital in the lives of the people they support. Social capital is the value a person gets from...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Frontline Initiative: Spirituality (2009) A newsletter issue for Direct Support Professionals offering various perspectives on spirituality within the framework of NADSP's Code of Ethics and providing training materials to more effectively...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Impact of Two National Congregational Programs on the Social Inclusion of Individuals with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities (2011) [Archived]A report summarizing a study of two national congregational efforts for inclusion of people with intellectual/developmental disabilities: Accessible Congregations Campaign and Befrienders Ministry.Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Impact: Feature Issue on Faith Communities and Persons with Developmental Disabilities (2002) [Archived]A newsletter issue continuing the dialog about inclusion that has already begun between persons with disabilities, faith communities, and the disability services system. "A basic component of human...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online, PDF
- LEND Webinars: Audio Recording: Faith Communities and Disabilities - An Interdisciplinary Perspective (2011) An audio recording of a Webinar of a MN LEND forum focusing on building collaborations in faith communities for inclusion of individuals with disabilities. Strategies and best practices for...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Putting Faith to Work: A Guide for Congregations and Communities (2016) Develops a model and resources for congregations to work together with businesses and human service agencies to advance successful employment outcomes for their members with disabilities. Some...Cost: $10.00 Delivery format: Print
- Putting Faith to Work Website (2013) [Archived]A website presenting the Putting Faith to Work project, which provides customized training, tools, and technical assistance to specific Minnesota faith communities, building their capacity to use...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Quality Mall (2004) An interactive database providing an online clearinghouse of over 3,500 resources from around the country related to person-centered services and supports for persons with intellectual and...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- Research and Training Center on Community Living (RTC-CL) Website (2014) A website presenting the Research and Training Center on Community Living (RTC-CL), a center that conducts a wide range of research, training, and technical assistance and dissemination projects...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- RTC Media Website (2010) A website showcasing films about people with disabilities and those who provide support. Also describes the film-making services available through RTC Media.Cost: Free Delivery format: Online