The following Institute products, projects, and/or staff address this topic.
- National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO) Website (2000) A website presenting NCEO, which is a federally-funded technical assistance center that supports states and districts on issues related to inclusive assessments, particularly for students with...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- NCEO Policy Directions: Considerations When Including Students with Disabilities in Test Security Policies (#23) (2015) A report concluding that assessments better measure what students know and can do when states and consortia thoughtfully consider how to balance test security and accessibility. Many states are...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online, PDF
- NCEO Synthesis Reports: 2012 State Policies for Accommodations Used to Deliver Assessments Orally (#91) (2013) A report examining the wide variation across states in their accommodations policies for Human Reader, Text to Speech, and Pre-recorded Audio. The results of the analyses in the report can inform...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online, PDF
- NCEO Synthesis Reports: State Alternate Assessments: Status as IDEA Alternate Assessment Requirements Take Effect (#35) (2000) [Archived]A report describing the approaches states were taking, as of the year 2000, to alternate assessments for the small number of students with disabilities who could not participate in state and...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- NCEO Synthesis Reports: Test Security and Students with Disabilities: An Analysis of States' 2013-14 Test Security Policies (#95) (2014) A report analyzing how accommodated tests, and students with disabilities and the assessments they take, are addressed in state test security policies -- a subject about which little is known. This...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online, PDF
- NCEO Reports (2016 – 2017) [New]Latest: Alternate Assessments for Students with Significant Cognitive Disabilities: Participation Guidelines and Definitions (#406)A series of reports examining assessment and standards and accountability issues as they pertain to students with disabilities, English learners, and English learners with disabilities.
- NCEO Synthesis Reports (1991 – 2015) Latest: Science Alternate Assessments based on Alternate Achievement Standards (AA-AAS) During School Year 2014-2015 (#99)A series of reports examining assessment and accommodations policies and practices in relation to students with disabilities. It is especially of use to policymakers.