The following Institute products, projects, and/or staff address this topic.
- National Center on Educational Outcomes (NCEO) Website (2000) A website presenting NCEO, which is a federally-funded technical assistance center that supports states and districts on issues related to inclusive assessments, particularly for students with...Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- NCEO Brief: State Assessment Decision-Making Processes for ELLs with Disabilities (#9) (2014) A brief presenting information on what is known about assessment decision-making processes for English language learners (ELLs) with disabilities. It highlights information that has been collected...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF, Online
- NCEO State Surveys: 2001 State Special Education Outcomes - A Report on State Activities at the Beginning of a New Decade (2001) This year 2001 report summarizes a survey to states on participation and performance of students with disabilities in state testing and accountability for general and alternate assessments.Cost: Free Delivery format: Online, PDF
- NCEO Synthesis Reports: Addressing Standards and Assessments on the IEP (#38) (2001) The purpose of this year 2001 study was to examine state Individualized Education Program (IEP) forms to determine the extent to which they include documentation of standards and assessments.Cost: Free Delivery format: Online
- NCEO Synthesis Reports: States' Participation Guidelines for Alternate Assessments Based on Modified Academic Achievement Standards (AA-MAS) in 2008 (#71) (2008) A report describing an assessment option permitted by federal regulations that give states the flexibility to offer an alternate assessment based on modified academic achievement standards...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF, Online
- NCEO Technical Reports: An Evaluation of the Extent to Which Teachers Used the "IEP Quality Tutorial-South Dakota" After Training (#63) (2012) A report discussing the use of the "IEP Quality Tutorial-South Dakota (IEPQ-SD)." During the 2010-2011 school year, the state of South Dakota piloted an online program called the "IEP Quality...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF, Online
- Parent Spotlight: Enfoque de los Padres de Familia en los Planes IEP y los Estándares Académicos Esenciales y las Evaluaciones del Estado (2014) Este folleto fue redactado para proveer información a los padres de familia y a otros con respecto a los Programas Individualizados de Educación (IEPs por sus siglas en inglés) y los estándares...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Parent Spotlight: Parent Spotlight on IEPs and Common Core State Standards and Assessments (2014) This booklet was written to provide information to parents and others about Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) and the newly adopted academic standards, the Common Core State Standards.Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF
- Thinking About the Students Who May Qualify to Participate in An Alternate Assessment Based on Modified Academic Achievement Standards (AA-MAS): A Tool for Study Groups (2008) A report describing an activity used by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction to learn more about the characteristics of students who may qualify to participate in an alternate assessment...Cost: Free Delivery format: PDF, Online
- NCEO Reports (2016 – 2018) [New]Latest: 2015-16 Publicly Reported Assessment Results for Students with Disabilities and ELs with DisabilitiesA series of reports examining assessment and standards and accountability issues as they pertain to students with disabilities, English learners, and English learners with disabilities.
- NCEO Synthesis Reports (1991 – 2015) Latest: Science Alternate Assessments based on Alternate Achievement Standards (AA-AAS) During School Year 2014-2015 (#99)A series of reports examining assessment and accommodations policies and practices in relation to students with disabilities. It is especially of use to policymakers.
- Parent Spotlight (2014) Latest: Enfoque de los Padres de Familia en Adaptaciones para Estudiantes con DiscapacidadesA series of briefs informing parents and others about various topics, including accommodations for students with disabilities, Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) and the newly adopted...