Specific life stage
Topics that address the needs of individuals with disabilities at different ages and stages in their lives.
- Early childhood
- For the Institute, the early childhood life stage includes newborns, infants, toddlers, and preschoolers with disabilities or at-risk, as well as children up to eight years of age.
- For the Institute, this includes children with disabilities or at-risk children, approximately age five through fourteen.
- Adolescents and young adults
- For the Institute, this life stage includes transition-aged adolescents and young adults with disabilities approximately age fourteen to twenty four.
- For the Institute, the adult life stage includes adults with disabilities approximately aged twenty five to sixty five.
- For the Institute, the senior life stage includes adults with disabilities who are seniors, or over sixty five years of age.