LEND Webinars: Building Connections with Somali Families: Culturally Competent Approaches to Child Development and DisabilityView other issues of LEND Webinars
A Webinar presenting culturally specific and relevant strategies for professionals working with Somali families with young children. Comprised of two videos and three sets of PowerPoint slides, the Webinar's objectives are to:
- Explore Somali community and culture to improve service delivery;
- Improve understanding of Somali perceptions of child development and disability;
- Recognize factors to consider when providing services and supporting Somali families; and
- Develop an improved understanding of how to engage Somali parents and families through communication, collaboration and participation.
- To view the Webinar, you will need to download the WebEx plug-in to your browser.
- Due to technical difficulties this event includes two separate recordings. Not all Webinar content was captured in these recordings. Our sincere apologies for any missed information.