Why You Make a Difference
As teachers, you make a difference because you:
- make electronic mentoring possible through many caring efforts.
- make electronic mentoring both fun and educational through creative curriculum ideas.
- help students grow by holding them to high standards while supporting their talents and strengths.
- tactfully help mentors understand about students' disabilities as well as their capabilities.
- help students and mentors maintain the safety boundaries for successful electronic mentoring.
- inspire students and mentors to make the most of their relationships.
- make the world a better place by fostering work skills, interpersonal
skills, and character among its future adults.
Benefits of E-Mentoring for Teachers
E-mentoring benefits teachers because it:
- enables teachers to gain several educational allies (mentors) who will promote greater student achievement
- motivates students to succeed academically
- helps students develop social skills
- can be integrated with many different curriculum requirements
- provides curriculum ideas and instructions
- gives teachers the opportunity to connect with the business community
- provides variety for both teachers and students